When it comes to cleaning the walls and surfaces of properties, pressure washing comes to the rescue. Without consuming your extra time and effort, it gives you the immaculate results that you seek.
Learn about the various pressure washing tips and tricks for effective cleaning in this post.
The Importance of Pressure Washing
- Restore Building Shine:
Over time, the shine of buildings gets dull due to dirt and pollution, and pressure washing restores its shine and uplifts its appeal.
- Deep Cleaning:
Opting for pressure washing is crucial to getting rid of notorious stains, debris, and dirt on surfaces and ensuring a thorough cleaning.
- Prevent Repairs and Damages:
Pressure washing enhances the longevity of outdoor surfaces like your driveway or deck by removing the dirt thoroughly that can wear down them over time.
- Health and Safety:
With pressure washing, molds and mildews can be kept at bay, which promotes a healthy living environment.
Recommended Equipment for Pressure Washing
To do pressure washing on your own, here’s the list of equipment you must gather beforehand:
- Pressure Washer: Get a pressure washer with adequate PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute).
- Nozzles: Nozzles are available in a variety of tips, providing various spray patterns. To clean a wider surface, you must use a wide-angle nozzle, whereas a narrow-angle nozzle is better for stubborn stains.
- Detergents: Grab an appropriate detergent depending on the surface type you are planning to clean. For example, you need a mild detergent for house siding and a stronger one for concrete.
- Safety Gear: Safety is a must while pressure washing. Before you start, wear safety goggles, gloves, and closed-toe shoes to protect yourself from debris and chemical splashes.
Pressure Washing Tips and Tricks for Effective Cleaning
Here are some smart tips and tricks to ensure effective cleaning through pressure washing:
- Be Prepared
Always ensure you have an adequate water supply before you begin pressure washing; otherwise, your pressure washer might not work up to its potential.
- Review the Surface
Never begin pressure washing without a proper survey of the surface. Check for any holes, cracks, or damages in walls, floors, or vinyl siding and patch them properly.
- Adjust the Nozzle Angle
Maximize washer power by keeping the nozzle perpendicular to the surface. Also, invest in high-quality nozzles for the best results.
- Know the Spots
Going harsh on every stain won’t work. You need to know that some substances—like acorns, oil, and rust—are forever, so you can never get rid of them with power washing.
Whether you are a business owner worried about your commercial building’s look or a responsible homeowner thinking of cleaning your house’s exterior, power washing is worth an investment. For professional services, consider reaching out to experts at Clarke’s Service Professionals.