Having a beautiful deck is a blessing. Offering a serene space for sunrise moments, family cookouts, and cherishing times with friends – a deck offers space for many pleasing things to do.
When it comes to the maintenance of this beautiful part of every house, many homeowners are left muddled. If you are also one of them, then this post is just for you. Get along with it to discover the impact of winter weather on outdoor decks and learn valuable tips on pressure washing and staining for optimal protection. Here’s the pressure washing and staining tips :-
Pressure Washing Your Deck
New York winters accumulate a lot of snow on deck surfaces, and when it combines with mud, salt, and debris, it withers away the appeal of your deck. To help yourself restore the appeal of your precious deck, you must consider pressure washing.
You can use a pressure washer yourself or hire professionals to get it done in a better and safer way. Here are certain tips to keep in mind if you attempt to DIY:
- Prepare your deck: Before firing up the pressure washer, clear the deck of any furniture, potted plants, or other items. Sweep away loose debris and leaves to prevent them from interfering with the cleaning process.
- Set Low Pressure: To get rid of tough stains, don’t go harsh on the pressure washer’s speed, as it may lead to wear and tear on your beloved deck surface, so be easy and soft.
- Use the Right Cleaning Solution: Grab a wood-specific cleaning solution from the store and load your pressure washer with it. It will help if you read the manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning.
Staining Your Deck
Staining is the final and most important step in your deck cleaning task, which marks its protection. Here are the tips you must follow while doing this task.
- Choose a high-quality stain for protection against the winter elements.
- Begin with staining only once your deck is properly clean and dry.
- Use a brush, roller, or sprayer to apply stain evenly to the whole surface.
- Consider applying multiple coats for better protection, and pay extra attention to areas exposed to direct sunlight.
During the winter months, conduct regular inspections of your deck area. Also, make sure you clear the snow and ice frequently to prevent moisture buildup.
If you need expert assistance in the maintenance and cleaning of your deck areas, then feel free to reach out to Clarke’s Service Professionals. Our experts undertake the cleaning task with the most appropriate cleaning solutions and techniques. The best part is that they share valuable advice that will help you better take care of this beloved portion of your house.